Re: What is the problem with Finger?

Article: 7650 of alt.hackers
From: brain@msen.com (Jim Brain)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: What is the problem with Finger?
Date: 13 Apr 1995 16:27:25 -0400
Sender: brain@garnet.msen.com

In article <1995Apr7.153220.25099@netlabs.com>,
lwall@netlabs.com (Larry Wall) wrote:
> In article <3l8dkd$ipb@raffles.technet.sg>,
> James Seng <jseng@technet.sg> wrote:
> : #!/usr/bin/perl
> : ($command,$url,$http) = split(/\s/,<STDIN>);
> : open(HTML, "lynx $url|"); while (<HTML>) { print; }
> : close (HTML);
> :
> : Don't you love perl 8)
>
> It's sort of a love/hate relationship.
>
> ObHack: Perl.
>
> Larry Wall
> lwall@netlabs.com

Now that's a hack... :-)

It's nice to know Perl presents Larry with problems as well.

ObHack:
Ping my C64 from the Internet.  Yes, I wrote enough of the SLIP/IP/ICMP
code on the 64 to send an echo reply.  It can do TCP/UDP, but I haven't
written them ... yet.

And I did it because someone told me it couldn't be done.  I hate that
phrase...

It won't ever be a gateway, and its not blazingly fast, but it is holding
its own.

Jim

--
Jim Brain, Embedded Systems Designer, Brain Innovations.
brain@msen.com

Parent Parent

Back to index