ObHack: Telephone

Article: 7953 of alt.hackers
From: jfesler@gigo.com (Jason Fesler)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: ObHack: Telephone
Date: 03 Jun 95 00:13:26

seb3@harvey.gte.com wrote in a message to All:

 sh> All you have to do is go to your neighborhood Radio Shack
 sh> and ask the manager for a resistor with a negative ohm
 sh> value.

Right by the sign that says "Danger, High Impedence" .. :-)

Damn, now I gotta think of an original

Obhack: (lame)

Someone decided that they were going to fax a proposal over to who we will call
"Bob".  Unfortunately, they decided my voice line was the number
they wanted to
deliver it to.

After getting their fax machine a few times in a row, I fired up my fax
software to find out what the hell was coming in.  After reading it, I called
and let them know their error (now knowing who they are).

Great, problem resolved - for all of 5 minutes.  They did it, _again!_.

Call Forwarding to the rescue - I forwarded my voice line to theirs.  Every
time they tried to fax me, they'd have their phone ring, and go to pick it up.
After about 1/2 hour, they finally got the idea, and left me alone..
--
| Jason Fesler | Disguised as jfesler or jfroot@infomania.com when working
gigo"
| Remember kids, don't park and drive - accidents make people!

Parent

Back to index