Re: Annoying alarm Hack

Article: 7460 of alt.hackers
From: rvw@incore.xs4all.nl (Ronald van Woensel)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Annoying alarm Hack
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 10:30:11 +0100

In <3i11t0$2pq@mother.usf.edu>, northrup@madonna.coedu.usf.edu (Dylan
Northrup (SCI)) writes:
>ObHack: I was working in a lab that had a malfunctioning alarm in it.
>	The alarm would sound for about a minute, go off for 10 seconds,
>	and sound again.  After some poking around, I found out that the
>	'#' key on the keypad would shut off the alarm temporarily.  If this
>	key was held in, the alarm would be shut off as soon as it sounded

ObOtherAlarmHack:
I've had the same problem once: Some servicemen were working on our
alarm installation and it went off every 4 minutes and i couldn't work.
My solution was very simple: put a sticker on the small loudspeaker box.
You'll be amazed how effective this is!

| Ronald van Woensel	  <rvw@incore.xs4all.nl>|		       ,_o

|Incore Automatisering BV * Haarlemmerweg 321A	|	       _/_//~  o |
| 1051 LG Amsterdam +31206842011 The Netherlands|	      (_/=(_) o  |
|    OS/2: Opens up windows, shuts up gates	|  __	_`\<,	    |
|   Wonder Why World Wide Web Wizards Watch	|___   (_)/(_)		 |
|	     http://xs4all.nl/~nail		|			 |

Parent

Back to index