Re: Sendmail security holes..

Article: 7455 of alt.hackers
From: set@oryx.llnl.gov (Sam Trenholme)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Sendmail security holes..
Date: 27 Feb 1995 08:22:29 GMT

>Generally it means that the xyplex is just overloaded.

Since you chose to use a bogus address, I guess I'll just have to make a
fool of myself on the net. What exactly is an "xyplex"? Will a
comp.*.modems FAQ have the answer to this question?

ObVideoGameCheatHack:

I once modified Miner-2049er, an old video game, to give me unlimited
lives. Basiclly my computer had a 2k miniature disembler/monitor in it,
which I could call by hitting a special button. So I hit the button when
my man was dying in the video game, looked in the code around this
routine (the monitor remembered what address you were at when you hit the
button that called the monitor), and found something that looked like it
was decrementing a value. I NOPped (commented out) this instruction, went
back to the game, and found that I had unlimited lives, since it wouldn't
decrement the number of lives I had when I died. Still couldn't get past the
6th level, though.

This was in the days before level passwords, so a hack like this was more
significant at the time then it would be today.
--
Sam Trenholme-finger set@ocf.berkeley.edu-PGP:F49C2183787CBC49717524ED25CC90C9

Parent Parent Parent

Child