Re: NEED AUTODIALER SOFTWARE

Article: 7496 of alt.hackers
From: cpierce1@ed7590.pto.ford.com (Clinton Pierce (R))
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: NEED AUTODIALER SOFTWARE
Date: 9 Mar 1995 15:47:34 GMT

In article <D55Lnt.JHH@dorite.use.com>, ronb@iquest.net (Highlander)
writes:

|> A long time ago I found several bits of shareware/freeware on BBS's that
|> allowed you to dial literally hundreds of numbers in sequence and it
|> would make note of numbers that answered with a modem (either computer
|> or fax).

Beware that placing a telephone call without the intention of communication
is now illegal in serveral states.  This applies to "War Dialers"
as well.

|> This type of software seems to not be found anywhere now.

Thank goodness.

And you forgot your

ObHack: We needed to collect config information to figure out some
problems our users were having.  Problem is we've got 100's of systems,
under 4 different architectures.  Solution: I wrote a worm in Perl to scour
the network and examine each machine in parallel on the building.  Some stats:
296 Gigs searched in 3.5 Hours.  Total CPU time: 96 Hours (remember parallel).
The results were returned in E-Mail.  Not a bad morning's work...

--
    Clinton A. Pierce       |    "If you rush a Miracle Man     |  \ / \ /

Parent

Back to index