Re: Power out hack

Article: 7527 of alt.hackers
From: chowes@trance.helix.net (Charles Howes)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Power out hack
Date: 19 Mar 1995 23:41:57 -0800

In article
<Pine.SUN.3.91.950319131413.24763C-100000@kelly.teleport.com>,
Tom Phoenix  <rootbeer@teleport.com> wrote:
>On 19 Mar 1995, Sam Trenholme wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a ftp site with cool AWK source code, or of any
>> mailing lists that are used to post AWK scripts? I know that perl has
>> basiclly taken over, but I only have books that tell me how to
use Awk,
>> no books to tell me how to use perl. Can't really afford perl
books anyway.

>That reminds me, does anybody have a way to tune in old Gomer Pyle TV
>shows on their TV? I know new shows have basically taken over, but I only
>have these old TV Guides and I can't afford to get new ones. Also, are
>there any game cartridges available for Pong?

1. You don't have to search & compile Awk (or nawk), it's everywhere.

2. If
 "Lisp has all the visual appeal of fingernail clippings mixed with
 oatmeal."
   then
 "Perl has all the visual appeal of aborted digestion."

Obhack: writing an awk script that took input from and output to telnet,
  and did stuff on a mud.  What stuff?  Map the mud, of course.

    "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."
    > Drop Object1
    "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."
    "There is an Object1 here."

--
Charles Howes -- chowes@helix.net
 Always tell the truth, then you make it the other bloke's problem!
Charles Howes -- chowes@helix.net
 Always tell the truth, then you make it the other bloke's problem!
 - Sean Connery, 1971

gone Parent

Child Child Child

Back to index