Re: c00l hack

Article: 7574 of alt.hackers
From: wsantee@cyberspace.com (Wes Santee)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: c00l hack
Date: 1 Apr 1995 13:17:44 -0800

RadD00d sez:
>about a year ago, i was wardialing and found this bbs that didnt have a
>password on an account called sysop. i discovered the software they were
>running was one i had hacked before, so i borke out of the bbs into dos.
>i was able to install a virus on the hard drive of the machine that would
>low level format the drive as soon as it was rebooted.

Oh dude!  You are sooooo K-Rad 3133+ and shit!  You even read
alt.2600!  I wish I could be as cool as you.  Then I could break into
peoples systems, low level format their hard drive and break the
hacker manifesto at every turn and bend in the road.

Woah!  All this time I've been living by the rule that information
should be free and you have shown me that in fact, it should be that
information should be erased!  How could I have been so stupid!?

>out of shape so i asked him if he had computer problems and i started to
>laugh and hung up. that was cool.

That's sooo cool!  Can I be you and start pushing progress backward
instead of forward.  Maybe if I'm lucky I'll completely wipe out a
computer system that stores some great technological advances that
could make both of our lives easier.  I can only hope.

ObHack:  Hmmmm....haven't really done much recently.  *rummage around
room looking for something interesting*.  This looks good...back when
I was working at Symantec a customer called and said his Novell
partition was completely shot.  I had heard at the time that Novell
used a small (>5 MB) DOS-16 partition and then the rest is Novell.
His boot sector was still in tact at Cyl 1, Side 0, Sec 1 so I got the
size of the partition, calculated the partition values from that, then
tacked the Novell partition on to the end.  Booted up and everything
worked great.  Guy sent me a mug for my troubles. :)

Cheers,
--
( -Wes Santee              | I feel my body weakened by the years      )
( wsantee@cyberspace.com   | As people turn to gods of cruel design    )

Parent

Child Child Child Child

Back to index