Re: //c hack

Article: 7602 of alt.hackers
From: mat@kepler.unh.edu (Marco A Terry)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: //c hack
Date: 5 Apr 1995 20:38:00 GMT

In article <ande0870-0204951843460001@dialup-3-213.gw.umn.edu>
ande0870@gold.tc.umn.edu (Greg "Torgo" Anderson) writes:
>   IIc hacks remind me of the younger days of computing.  I got a IIc in
>the 5th grade, as I remember.  What a marvel of technology!  My first
>"hack", such as it was, was on that machine.
>   There was the ol' ProDOS disk that came with it, and it had the
>selection of games to play.  One of these was the infamous lemonaide stand
>game.  All the programs were (of course) written in BASIC.  A friend and I

YES!!!!!!! That lemanade stand game was one of my first hacks......Loved
it! :-)

>took a look-see at the code, and decided we'd make it so that we could
>start out with about $5,000, make it never rain, and always get a lot of
>business.
>   Of course, after this there wasn't a lot of challenge to the game, but
>it seemed _really_ neat.
>
>   Greg

ObSimilarHack:
The apple II had a game called odyssey....Modified some variables (basic again)
and I had all sorts of objects and crew members......kinda cool :-)

Marco.
---
Never hit anything harder than your hand.....  (from rec.martial-arts)
HomePage:   http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mat/

Parent gone gone

Child Child

Back to index