Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)

Article: 7606 of alt.hackers
From: mjhaisma@eos.ncsu.edu (Michael John Haisma)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers,alt.folklore.computers
Subject: Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 04:14:30 GMT

In article <3lucq9$1b7@mangrove.Intran.Xerox.COM>,
seebs@mangrove.Intran.Xerox.COM (Peter Seebach) writes:

>"see?  there are other people like me".  (You may wish to
capitalize
>when actually saying it though; bad grammar looks unprofessional.)

Also it should read: "See? There are other people like I."

You forgot an obhack.

Obhack:
I haven't done much lately, but I guess I can relate my experiences last
week installing a _very_ nice scanner at the NC Japan Center here.
Unfortunately, when I showed up to install the scanner, I find out that
I also must install the SCSI controller and drivers, and me without my
screwdriver.  So, I went with the old standby of a knife borrowed from
the JC kitchen.  Alas, it's always easier to get the screws OFF than to
put them back. Plus, I had to borrow one of the screws from the case to
hold the card in place.  Having no screwdriver turns a five-minute job
into an hour-and-a-half job. I guess I don't mind that much, because the
real hack is that I get paid by the hour! ;-)

Mike

--
Michael J. Haisma              | Any questions, comments, or flames?
email: mjhaisma@eos.ncsu.edu   | Please send email to president@whitehouse.gov

Parent

Child Child Child Child Child Child Child

Back to index