Re: Test message

Article: 7607 of alt.hackers
From: wsantee@cyberspace.com (Wes Santee)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Test message
Date: 6 Apr 1995 17:40:30 -0700

Jason Fesler sez:
> only.  I'm using uqwk to generate rnews bundles.  Neatest part: I can
> control what newsgroups to pull down without bothering my host, by
> simply editing my gateway's .newsrc file :-)

You don't even need to edit your gateway's .newsrc file.  Check out
the -D option in uqwk. :)

ObHack:  Uhhh...not much really.  Does the "use your tongue to test
how good a 9V battery is" hack work? :)  OK, OK, I think the SIMMS in
my Ensoniq TS-10 are coming loose as I booted it up and it said there
was no sample memory.  As there were guests over expecting a
demonstration I couldn't very well take it apart and look for the
problem, so I just did the ol' drop the board from about a 1" height
and try it again.  That seemed to do the trick!

Cheers,

--
( -Wes Santee              | I feel my body weakened by the years      )
( wsantee@cyberspace.com   | As people turn to gods of cruel design    )

Parent

Back to index