Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)

Article: 7623 of alt.hackers
From: M.J.Jennings@amtp.cam.ac.uk (Michael Jennings)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)
Date: 8 Apr 1995 09:41:24 GMT

In article <3m2ure$k9k@homer.alpha.net>,
Matthew Jachimstal <jachim@earth.execpc.com> wrote:
>Kevin Buhr (buhr@stat.wisc.edu) wrote:
>: In article <3m1g2g$bbj@news.Ieunet.ie> nh@Ieunet.ie (Nick Hilliard)
>: writes:
>: |
>: | Are you mixing tenses?  If you use 'showed', you should use 'found'.
>: |
>: | : I also must install the SCSI controller and drivers, and me
without my
>: | : screwdriver.
>: |
>: | 'me without my screwdriver' is not a valid sentence.  And if it
were, it
>: | would be 'and I without my screwdriver'.
>: |
>: | Rule one of nitpicking:  make sure that *you're* correct, too :-)
>
>: You and your two English-major friends were trolled.  And you
>: misspelled "your".  Hope this helps!
>
>: Kevin <buhr@stat.wisc.edu>
>
>Again, when nitpicking, make sure **you're** correct:
>  you're -> contraction of you are
>  your -> possesive pronoun, as in "your two English-major
friends"

	And he misspelled 'trowel', too.

	Michael.

(Sorry. No obhack. Flame me).

--
Michael Jennings
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics

"For the [Singapore] government, the right to reply has in effect become
the right to have the last word. Its difficulty is that on the Internet,
nobody gets the last word" - The Economist

Parent Parent Parent Parent

Back to index