Re: Proposal: alt.hackers.aol :)

Article: 7637 of alt.hackers
From: csferree@indy.net (Orestes)
Newsgroups: alt.2600,alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Proposal: alt.hackers.aol :)
Date: 10 Apr 1995 12:03:08 GMT

Tommy Usher (hacker@ns.secis.com) wrote:

: You know, I find it interesting, first off, that you didn't bother
: cross-posting this to alt.hackers.  So?  Feeling maybe just a wee bit
: inadequate?  Figure you will pick on the helpless lusers from AOL?  Maybe
: make up for your own lack of real hacking skills?  As to AOL, I hate to
: break it to you, but they were on alt.hackers not long after AOL got Usenet.
: Now, if you can, respond there.  Otherwise, lay off those less fortunate in
: a vain attempt to make yourself look better.

Helpless?  Losers? *grin*

Naw, there was nothing malicious intended by the post, it was just a joke.
My apologies to any AOLers who were angered because of my post, though I
haven't gotten any flames (oh, aside from this quasi-flame) yet.  I can't
remember if I considered crossposting it to alt.hackers, but I probably
reasoned that I would have to have an ObHack, and mine are always so lame
that they embarass me. (see below :)

Since this IS an alt.hackers crosspost, I'll post my obhack.

ObHTMLHack:

I don't have access to anywhere to make an HTML page without paying $$,
so I hadn't made one, until I saw a bot on alt.irc with an IRCNAME
pointing to an HTML on an ftp://... site.  So, I reasoned, it must be
possible to interpret HTML documents at FTP sites using a program like
Lynx, and so it was!

I've set it up and I think it's pretty neat, though it's down right now
and I'm not going to distribute the address until the sysadmin on whose
system I erected the site gives his approval -- I don't want to anger
him, since I'm paying him nothing and giving him little in return for the
access. (see my FTP post, alt.hackers's)

--
C. Ferree    IRC: Orestes  :  Priapus v.9g now publically available:
e-mail: csferree@indy.net  :  ftp://148.141.9.10  /pub/Azriel ...

gone Parent

Back to index