Sam Trenholme's webpage

Re: 4K Dual port RAM

Article: 7678 of alt.hackers
From: (Bruce Tomlin)
Subject: Re: 4K Dual port RAM
Date: 17 Apr 1995 19:51:50 -0700

Dennis Jenkins ( wrote in
>Does anyone know a good, economical source for 4Kx8bit dual port RAM
>chips?  I want to build a "FROB" for my PC, and this is the
only part that
>I can't find.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I'm unable to get/order
>any through the university...  I know that "Cyprus Semiconductor"
(I think
>that's the name...) makes them, but they don't have any "stores"
near "The
>middle of nowhere Missouri..."

Ah, Grasshopper, but do you *need* dual ported RAM?  Perhaps you should
redesign to avoid it.

(Latches and buffers and hi-Z, oh my!)

Of course, real hackers program the 2600 using the hack-n-burn method.  :)

It only took me a few hours of work to convert that old 8080 assembler I
wrote in PL/I back in my college days to a 6502 assembler written in Turbo
Pascal, and now all is nirvana.  Sort of.  I'm still eagerly awaiting the
Starpath documentation, though.

Hmm, that sounds like an ObHack... better cross-post this.

Back to index