Re: Minewsweeper solver

Article: 7778 of alt.hackers
From: jreese@leland.Stanford.EDU (james reese)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Minewsweeper solver
Date: 7 May 1995 16:54:02 -0700

and vilkata@iastate.edu (Dan Black) replies:
>x y z z y [shift] [enter] [enter]

The programmer who inserted this cheat clearly was a fan of the early
text adventure games, as XYZZY is a magical word in many of those games,
particularly the Zork series by Infocom.

ObUmmHack: The lead singer in my band is always bitching about how the guitars
are too loud and his vocals are miked too low; he then continually turns up
his vocals on the PA system. So I took apart the PA and re-wired his mike
switch (he always uses the same one) to the one that controls the input
>from  the guitar amps. Now, every time he tries to turn up his vocals the
guitars seem to get louder.
	Damn, I *hate* when that happens.

Parent Parent gone

Child Child Child Child