Re: Minewsweeper solver

Article: 7779 of alt.hackers
From: sal@panix.com (Salvatore Denaro)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Minewsweeper solver
Date: 7 May 1995 21:28:31 -0400

james reese (jreese@leland.Stanford.EDU) wrote:
:  dmaund10@scu.edu.au (Bushy) writes:
: >There is actually a cheat for Minesweeper. I forget what the key
combination
: >is, but its about 5 keys.
: and vilkata@iastate.edu (Dan Black) replies:
: >x y z z y [shift] [enter] [enter]

: The programmer who inserted this cheat clearly was a fan of the early
: text adventure games, as XYZZY is a magical word in many of those games,
: particularly the Zork series by Infocom.

I used to play Advent on a PDP-Something-or-other in the early '80s
at the ripe age of 13, it used xyzzy as a secret word. I think that
was the first use of the word.

: ObUmmHack: The lead singer in my band is always bitching about how the
guitars
: are too loud and his vocals are miked too low; he then continually turns up
: his vocals on the PA system. So I took apart the PA and re-wired his mike
: switch (he always uses the same one) to the one that controls the input
: from the guitar amps. Now, every time he tries to turn up his vocals the
: guitars seem to get louder.
:	Damn, I *hate* when that happens.

OBHACK: (in following the above)
building an FX box for my brother, it uses a RS timer to turn on
a second FX box at a set timei interval. The effect is something
to be heard, for two seconds the pedal is turned on and then for
two seconds the pedal gets turned off. He has only used this with
his distortion FX, the clueless always ask him how he gets that
wild sound out of his guitar.

--
Salvatore Denaro
sal@panix.com			      Joon:  You're out of your tree.