Re: WebMineSweeper

Article: 7831 of alt.hackers
From: twemling@infinet.com (Tom Wemlinger)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: WebMineSweeper
Date: 18 May 1995 02:58:57 GMT

steve belczyk (steve1@genesis.nred.ma.us) wrote:
: All this talk about MineSweeper inspired me to implement a Web version
: of the game.

: ObHack:  http://genesis.tiac.net/mines.html  More Wasted Bandwidth

Just tried this using lynx (yeah, I know.)

ObHack:

Using Procomm for 'net access (yeah, I know). Although this version
supports line speeds up to 115,200, you can only go up to 19,200
for a dialing-directory entry. I found the line speeds in the
PCPLUS.DIR file (which were represented in straight hexadecimal)
and patched the binary code to set a higher line speed. Seems to
work OK, only the 38,400 shows up in the dialing directory as
-27,136.

Parent

Back to index