Re: OBPostHak

Article: 7844 of alt.hackers
From: mfx@cs.tu-berlin.de (Markus Freericks)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: OBPostHak
Date: 18 May 1995 15:39:24 GMT

In article <3pecj9$sk2@kits.sfu.ca> matza@newsserver.sfu.ca (Roy Robin
Matza) writes:
> From: matza@newsserver.sfu.ca (Roy Robin Matza)
> Newsgroups: alt.hackers
> Date: 18 May 1995 03:49:13 MET
> Sender: R> Matza
>

> Kewl eh?

No, Beavis, that sucked.

ObHack: hmmm. Using duct-tape to repair my bicycle? Pfft. Oh yeah: writing
a perl script that creates a "map" of my WWW pages. Invoked
automatically
each time I log off, it traverses my .public_html directory tree, lists all
files with the last modification date, size, and number of links contained
in them. Files and directories can be made exempt from the list by putting
a special directive (disguised as HTML comment) in the files, or .ignoredir
files in the directories. The hack? Wrestling with Perl, and coping with
symlinks ;-)

-- Markus

Parent

Back to index