Re: sendmail bug

Article: 7836 of alt.hackers
From: galt@asylum.cs.utah.edu (Greg Alt)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: sendmail bug
Date: 18 May 1995 21:16:17 GMT

In article <3pa6k1$4gc@redstone.interpath.net> abc@spam.arg.com (Alan
Clegg) writes:
>Is it ironic [pathetic?] that somebody with a news system so poorly
>configured as to put these headers together *AND* double up the
>signature would be asking for info on how to break sendmail?
>
>You would think that with accounts on ALL THOSE SYSTEMS he would at
>least have posted from a site that was set up right...

Not to mention that he wants to explore bugs in sendmail but hasn't
yet discovered .forward files...

btw, you left off your ObHack... :)

ObHack:

I don't think I've used this one here yet...  I got a Tandy Model100
portable computer and discovered that in basic, there is a command to
plot a pixel, but no command to check a pixel.  Well, my first thought
was "Ok, lets find the display RAM...  240x64 means over 1k," so I
looked through a detailed memory map to see if I could find anything...
it wasn't listed, and there were no 1k holes unaccounted for...
I soon found out just how disgusting things were when someone
sent me xeroxs of some documents that explained it, I then wrote a
machine language subroutine (hand-assembled 8085) that checked to see
if a pixel was on or off.  I then wrote one of those tron-type games
where two people control growing lines and try to avoid hitting other
lines.

gone Parent

Back to index