Re: token ring tools

Article: 7889 of alt.hackers
From: st92lbwr@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu (Dave Mays)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: token ring tools
Date: 26 May 1995 13:16:26 GMT

Thomas Adams (tom@cat.ruhr.de) wrote:
: Are there any tools for sniffin token ring traffic?

Yes, but they cost $$$$.  HP Has a LanTester that costs about $20,000.00
which can do really cool stuff.  It can take a packet out, modify it and
re-insert it.  Neat potentials there!  At work I have a Fluke LanMeter
which can't sniff anything, but it's got all kinds of diagnostic tools in
it to find out utilization, errors, etc.....

ObHack:
Putting two internal HDs in a Mac  IIsi, which was designed for only one
internal.  Had to hack out some bits of the case structure to fit them
in, but there it sits, humming happily.  Hope the power supply doesn't
burn out!

ObTokenHack:
Anything I do at work involving our Token ring.  Totally kludgey!

--
| My opinions are not yours.       |                                 |

Parent gone

Child

Back to index