Re: 1st post and general query

Article: 7899 of alt.hackers
From: jholder@nmsu.edu (John Holder)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: 1st post and general query
Date: 28 May 1995 15:55:28 GMT

Thus spake John Bailin (jbailin@cnct.com):
] ObHack: Back when I was an obnoxious pre-teenager I discovered a neat
] (or so I thought) way to bug my Big Brother's phone conversations.  I
] had a telephone extension with that old 4 prong design and of course
] found that only 2 prongs were necessary to make a proper connection.  I
] soon discovered that if I inserted one of the necessary prongs in the
] jack, and then wet both my index and middle fingers and made the 2nd
] connection by touching one wet finger to the male prong and one wet
] finger to the female receptacle, there was just enough resistance to
] allow me to listen in but not be heard.

] Oh well.  These are the stupid things that young siblings do :-)

yup.  My ObHack:
When I was in high school, my little sister was ALWAYS on the phone.  When
I needed to use it (my calls were about 1 min, "Hey.  Busy?  Let's hang.
Your place? See ya in 5."), I just grounded out the phone wires so she
couldn't hear anything, think the line went dead, hung up, then I could
place my call.
 __/\_\               John Holder - jholder@nmsu.edu               /_/\__
/\_\/_/       Computer Science - New Mexico State University       \_\/_/\
\/_/\_\                  I Brew the Beer I drink!                  /_/\_\/
   \/_/          WWW: http://speedracer.nmsu.edu/~jholder          \_\/

Parent

Back to index