Re: Mac Schemtics...

Article: 7932 of alt.hackers
From: rosemary@stimpy.eecis.udel.edu (James Rosemary)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Mac Schemtics...
Date: 29 May 1995 14:33:56 GMT

In article <3qc13m$p05@alterdial.UU.NET>,
Sloopy Malibu <sloopy@alaska.magpage.com> wrote:
>ObcheesyHack:
>
>	i debug jim rosemary's code.....i guess that aint enough...but should

  Don't you just hate these damn wannabe hackers?

ObCodeMrMalibuDidn'tDebugBecauseIt'sWayTooComplicatedHack:
  My terminal program back logs 24K of data and uses it for scroll back and
a printer buffer. I didn't like seeing things like ^[[4m in my printer
listings, so I decided to convert such codes into something my printer
can understand. When a vt escapeis detected, a control code pointer is set
to a non-zero value correspodning to the position in an array of the
appropritate printer code. When a it's time to output a character to the
printer, the value of this pointer is checked. If zero, the character
comes from the buffer. If non-zero, it indexes and array to get the
character and is incremented. If the character from the array is a
terminating character, the pointer is reset to zero and normal operation
continues.

Parent

Back to index