Re: Novell -> Unix Mount

Article: 8367 of alt.hackers
From: davef@PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_DOMAIN_FILE (Dave Frascone)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Novell -> Unix Mount
Date: 31 Jul 1995 14:52:44 GMT

Greg Corey (gregc@fullfeed.com) wrote:
: ayman@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Crust) wrote:

: >I won't belabor the point. So, does anyone know how to mount a novell
: >volume on a Unix Machine. What software is needed on the novell side,
: >to get TCP/IP. I am not very familiar with Novell. I have only
: >installed it once. Any help or manuals anyone can give me is greatly
: >appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Don't forget, you can also buy IPX for solaris... and Caldera for Linux...

UtOh.  Stepped on in again...

ObHack:

Getting the Caldera desktop for Linux, rebuilding a kernel for the boot disk,
then rebuilding modules so that the novell redirector will work.

My next hack will be to NFS export my Microsoft Mail directory on the Novell
server (By using the re-directory on Caldera, then exporting that portion of my
tree).  Then mounting my mail directory on a Sparc, where I will run Microsoft
Mail under Wabi...

Dave

gone Parent

Child