Sam Trenholme's webpage

Re: alt.hacker ???!?!?!?!??!??!?

Article: 8388 of alt.hackers
From: (Stefan Wieman)
Newsgroups: alt.hacker,alt.hackers
Subject: Re: alt.hacker ???!?!?!?!??!??!?
Date: 3 Aug 1995 01:20:28 GMT

In article <3vo8gh$>,

>ObQuestionHackInProcess : I _need_ to invert a signal (changing rapidly)
>        about the 0 volts line (i.e. 5 volts dropping to 4.5 and then
>        to 5.1  should change to -5 climbing to -4.5 and dropping to -5.1).
>        I'm looking for a quick way to do this.  I _could_ go and buy an
>        Op-Amp to do this, but I'd rather not have to give RatShack
any more
>        business than they deserve.

How quick is rapidly? Can't you just use a single transistor to do the job?
Just need to calculate some resistors.

When I was a little younger I brought many Italian 50 L coins from holiday back
home (Netherlands) because they are exactly the same size as the dutch Fl coins
(50 L = Fl 0.08). I once bought a snack from a machine with it. One snack  (I
don't recall what snack) cost Fl 1.25 but you had to pay Fl 2,= and got back,
together with the snack, Fl 0.75. So it costed 2x Fl 0.08 = Fl 0.16 and got 1
snack plus Fl 0.75 !!

 Go see my Electro WWW-site with much stuff to download, many EE related links
                            and much more fun-stuff  at
              ... DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"...
-*-*-*- Signatures are waste of bandwidth.
*-*-*-* Stefan Wieman. (

Back to index