Re: DO NOT READ

Article: 8427 of alt.hackers
From: zab@teleport.com (Zach B.)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: DO NOT READ
Date: 10 Aug 1995 17:03:23 -0700

In <40dm18$gg6@larry.rice.edu> studski@acad.drake.edu writes:

>TEST

Well you know the group exists or you wouldn't have posted to it.  And one
can assume that if you post to a group you read it (make.money.buy.my.shit
spammers excluded).  So my question is, are you just stupid or did you not
notice the ObHack requirement?  And before you answer, its not "We require
an ObHack for posts except those with a subject of 'DO NOT READ'". *Sigh*
you would think people would get the idea after about 400
test/youre_a_dumb_ass posting pairs.  Oh well..

Crap, now to think of an ObHack (looks around room..)

ObInstallingOldGamesHack:  I recently backed up my old sierra games because
i am going to college and there is no way I'm bringing all those damned
disks with me.  I just zipped up all the disks and dumped 'em in a
directory.  Anyway, I wanted to install 'em but they of course used some
disk_id type system to id which disk it was so you coudn't install it from
one big directory.  The answer was of course simple, go into windows (barf,
vomit.. but dos psuedo-multitasking) and run a shell that unzips the next
disk and one that runs the install program.

ObAlmostAsPitifulHack:  A few years back I was a teaching aid in a really
basic programming class (hey, EASY A... and unfortunatly the US school
system is obsessed w/ grades).  Anyway, we had the PCs boot up and run
qbasic (teachers choice..) but we had some problems with these two dorks
quiting qbasic and running 'naughty' things.  What I ended up doing was
editing his batch file (q.bat.. so he could type it fast to get back into
qbasic) to pipe doskey /history to a sort of hidden log.  To this day the
dork couldn't figure out how we knew what he was doing :).  This was waaay
before I knew my way around dos so at the time it qualified as a hack :).

No hack to small right guys? guys? *turns and runs!* AHHHH!

Parent

Back to index