Re: Keyboard case hack

Article: 8446 of alt.hackers
From: jferg@saucer.cc.umr.edu (Whizard)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Keyboard case hack
Date: 15 Aug 1995 23:08:53 GMT

On 15 Aug 1995 00:44:25 GMT, someone who thinks they are Jeff Mercer
(riffer@freenet2.freenet.ufl.edu) wrote:
> No comments on any of the current threads... Just a nice little
"hardware"
> hack posting.

> stone-like case for my keyboard. While it's still pretty light colored
(the
> paint was of the "tannish" color, *sigh*), it has lovely
speckles of black,
> white, and grey in it as well.

	Hey, I like that idea.. I may have to try that one, get that nasty
microsoft logo off of my keyboard... :->

> For my next case hack, I'm going to take the computer case and use
something
> entirely different on it (since it's painted metal rather than plastic). I
> was thinking about stripping off the paint and applying an antiquing
kit of
> some sort to it, say antique copper... or maybe a marbling effect.

	I used acrylic craft paint on mine, and it seems to hold pretty
well.. Got lotsa neat little patterns on it, and a couple of bumper
stickers in random places, and the Pink Floyd Dark Side Of the Moon album
cover on one side... :-> Result of a seriously bored weekend...

> ObButBeforeIDoThatHack: Figure out a way I can keep my computer
covered and
> usable during the project... Hmmm...

	DamnNowINeedAnObHack:  Hmm... Needed to scan a bunch of crap in at
work, but the scanner wasn't hooked up, and both of the macs with SCSI
cables were being used... Hmm.. There's a PowerBook sitting over there not
being used with a scsi cable attached.. But no Photoshop on the
powerbook... Ok, plug the powerbook into the localtalk and use somebody
else's photoshop... Slower than #$@#, but it runs... Make the scans from
the powerbook, then plug the powerbook into our ethernet, throw it all on
the server, and copy it into place, then tune the images in XV...

					JF

--
Justin Ferguson - Comp. Sci.  | "....Turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to
jferg@umr.edu		      | be proud, and you don't know how it feels,

Parent

Back to index