Re: alt.hackers.discuss creation

Article: 8581 of alt.hackers
From: kaelbers@avian.dars.muohio.edu (Randy Kaelber)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: alt.hackers.discuss creation
Date: 15 Sep 1995 13:19:17 GMT

gregc@msn.fullfeed.com
> (Greg Corey) writes:

> >.The purpose of the self-moderation is to require posters to know
how to

> [4 words whch described EXACTLY how to post to alt.hackers removed in the
> faint hopes that *somebody* missed the original post]

> Well, there went the safety net for this group.  Thanks, Greg.

Relax, Andrew! It's not like nobody has ever let slip part of the secret
to posting. Even the alt.hackers FAQ covers it at a high level. Anybody
can also read RFC1036 which should probably be simple enough to figure
out what needs doing. What's always been missing is the technical aspect of
how to do it. It's more difficult in some news packages than others (It's
a breeze with tin).

ObHack: er...um...lessee... Got Sybperl to compile on an RS/6000 using
static linking? Nah, that was pretty much RTFM...OH! How's about: Running
MacOS, Windows 95, and DOS/Windows 3.1 all at the same time on my
PowerMac 6100 with the DOS card? It was pretty much of a joke, since
there was not even enough memory in all probability to run
"Stickies".
I should have tried to get "Photoshop" running in there somewhere
(not).

ObHackIhopetousenexttimebutit'sonlyaprojectindevelopmentthisminute:
Using ARA on same said Macintosh to tunnel IPX from my DOS card, so I can
run a PC app I need to get to on our network from home. Stay tuned for
details.

--
Randy Kaelber:  kaelbers@muohio.edu
UIS/DARS Programmer/Analyst, MCIS, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056 USA

Parent Parent

Child

Back to index