Re: "Hackers", the movie

Article: 8641 of alt.hackers
From: markr@taipan (Mark Richer)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: "Hackers", the movie
Date: 20 Sep 1995 01:15:05 GMT

John Nagle (nagle@netcom.com) wrote:
:       Just saw "Hackers", the movie.  It's about as close
to reality
: as "Ghostbusters".  Fun, but very, very light.

Well, I suppose the cyberbabe was sorta cute, but aside from that the movie was
total joke. I mean, the thing was geared towards illiterate 7th graders.

And what's the deal with this new stream of "internet" movies? People
just
hacking straight into the FBI database and altering records on a regular
basis. It's so ridiculous I can barely get up the energy to laugh.

Obyouguysmadeittooeasytofigureouthowtoposthere,butheresacoupleoftiredoldHacks:

Win 95 Easter Egg #1

All the text has to be entered exactly as shown!

Create a new folder on your desktop called (Without the quotes):
	"and now, the moment you've all been waiting for"
Then, rename the folder to:
	"we proudly present for your viewing pleasure"
Then, rename the folder to:
	"The Microsoft Windows 95 Product Team!"
Then double click to open the folder, the demo should start.

(pretty lame)

Egg #2 (Well, at least a nasty prank)

Click on the start button
Enter "ALT -" (Alt key and the minus key)
Hit close on the pop-up dialog
Your start button is now gone!

(Use ALT-F4 to bring up the logoff screen, then relogon as yourself to
recover)

Mark R

(thanks sean)

Parent