More stupid .COM tricks.

Article: 8664 of alt.hackers
From: cantrick@rintintin.Colorado.EDU (Ben Cantrick (alias Macky Stingray))
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: More stupid .COM tricks.
Date: 22 Sep 1995 01:12:48 GMT

In article <43qr8f$q4v@qns2.qns.com>,
Michael Jarvis <mjarvis@qns2.qns.com> wrote:
>David Hedley (David Hedley (hedley@inferno.cs.bris.ac.uk)) wrote:
>
>Well, if we're going to do SIMPLE com files, here's one.  It just sends a
>formfeed to lpt1.  It's useful if you do a "type foo.txt >
lpt1" and your
>printer doesn't automagically send a formfeed.
>It's only 17 bytes:
>begin 755 ff.com
>1LP2Q`;H0`;1`S2&X`$S-(0S]
>`
>end

  Do you ever get annoyed at your PC because if you turn your printer on after
you've already booted, DOS won't re-init the printer and so it locks up,
trying to send text to an unitialized printer?

  I finally got so annoyed one day that I went and...

  ObHack:

Save this as a text file and feed it to DEBUG

-----railgun spike here-----
a 100
mov ax,100
xor dx,dx
int 17
mov ax,4c00
int 21		; Do not remove the blank line below!

rcx
n initprn.com
-----railgun spike here-----

	  -Ben
--
     "BGC: Because some of us believe women over 14 are still sexy."
=--------------http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~cantrick/home.html------------------=

Parent Parent

Back to index