Re: How do I begin a hacking career

Article: 8890 of alt.hackers
From: tequila@lainet.com (Tequila)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: How do I begin a hacking career
Date: 18 Oct 1995 23:08:58 GMT

In article: <461nb0$l84@newsource.ihug.co.nz>  antonyri@ihug.co.nz (Anton
Yri) writes:
>From: antonyri@ihug.co.nz (Anton Yri)
> Could anyone send me any information on how to hack. It looks like good
> fun.
I'm truly surprised that this isn't from AOL...

OBHack: OK, my friends SHELL account wasn't working, so he wanted me to log
in, and try from my computer. Well, wouldn't you know it that I was using a
new computer with nothing on it except windows (yeah, it's a DOS machine,
havn't had time to get Linux...) and my SLIP software with WinSock. Now I
COULD have used MS Terminal, but I despise that program, so i decided
against it. I ended up logging in to my SLIP provider,	starting a REALLY
lame telnet program that came with my slip software. I telnetted to his
account and got on. Now i realize I could have also used the winsock
software to log on, but using winsock as a comm program isn't my idea of
fun. Now I know this is a lame hack, but i also needed to test my new SLIP
software. Well, both accounts were working fine.

gone Parent

Back to index