Re: ATL.2600 are steeling are ObHacks.

Article: 8914 of alt.hackers
From: sean@wheel.ucdavis.edu (Sean Logan)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: ATL.2600 are steeling are ObHacks.
Date: 21 Oct 1995 22:31:47 GMT

Richard Craig (riccraig@zenith.u-net.com) wrote:

: That's right LOOK:
: >In article <460g49$ffq@cougar.vut.edu.au> David Gerard wrote:
: >>Date: 18 Oct 1995 00:55:05 +1000
: >>From: gerdw@cougar.vut.edu.au (David Gerard)
: >>Newsgroups:	alt.2600,alt.silly-group.lampreys
: >>Subject:	AOL password finding
: >>
: >>Found this on alt.hackers.
: >>

Hey, that was my ObHack, and not a very good one at that.  They're just
excited about it because it had to do with AOL.  Lamers, all of them.

Dang, time for another..

ObHack:
Today a message should start being propagated around Usenet that I sent
via port 119 to my news server on Wednesday.  It's just now going to
start propagating because I post-dated it to today.  Just a test, really,
to see if my suspicion that if you set the Date header to the future,
your message will be delayed till then and then sent, is right.

I discovered this oddity by accident when I posted a message with Date
1999, wonder if that will ever appear :)

~~~
Sean Logan			"There's no 'them' -- it's all us"
sean@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us
http://wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us/~sean/spam-faq.html

Parent

Back to index