Sam Trenholme's webpage

Re: Broke for good (was Re: ports?)

Article: 8562 of alt.hackers
From: (C. Regis Wilson)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Broke for good (was Re: ports?)
Date: 13 Sep 1995 15:04:04 -0700

In article <42q9u2$>,
Hmmm, well.. <> wrote:
> We seem to have a thread here about  minor electrical explosions.
>I had a car with a very leaky boot and stored a soldering iron in it
>for some little time. I think I was half awake when I took the thing
>inside and plugged it in. BANG! Out went the lights, then shortly after,
>out went the soldering iron. Ah well.
You foreigners don't know how to speak english.  What the heck is a boot?
It must be larger than a bread-box to hold a soldering iron.  I have no
idea what this paragraph says.

My hack involves the time I told everyone I had found the second largest
prime number in just under 3 hours and how I was going to do it in less.
The hack isn't just finding the second largest prime, nor doing it in under
three hours:  The hack is that I told everyone I had done it, even though
I had, by utilizing the GOOD TIMES virus.
T. Pascal, King of Pascal    |  "R.E.M. uses A-minor and E-minor too
4527 Avocado St.             |       -Some D00F
Los Angeles, CA 90027        |  "Too much?!  That's *all* they use."
                             |       -The other D00F talking to the first D00F

Back to index