Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)

Article: 7702 of alt.hackers
From: ajry@st-and.ac.uk (Alistair James Robert Young)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)
Date: 23 Apr 1995 20:18:26 GMT

In article <grobsonD79qGp.Gwr@netcom.com> grobson@netcom.com (Gary
D. Robson) writes:

   ObHack:
      I recently purchased OS/2 Warp, which came as a CD-ROM with a couple
   of 3-1/2" install diskettes.  I placed the install diskette in my B:
   drive and tried to use it.  No go.  It has to be in the A: drive (which
   in my system is a 5-1/4").  I would expect better than that out
   of garage
   shop, and it mightily dissapointed me that a so-called professional
   organization like IBM would do something so lame.

This isn't really IBM's fault - at least, not the OS/2 writers. AFAIK,
there's *NO* way whatsoever to persuade a PC to boot from anything
other than the first hard drive or floppy drive A:. Blame the PC
designers.

ObHack: Persuading the OS/2 video driver for 1024x768 to display
smaller icons (32x32 rather than 40x40) by searching through the
driver with DOS DEBUG and patching the appropriate section.

Alistair

--
Alistair Young - Arkane Systems Software Development & PC Consultancy
The opinions above are my company's, because I OWN it! [Team OS/2]

Parent gone

Child Child Child Child Child Child Child Child Child

Back to index