Re: Grumpy modem hack..

Article: 7391 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: ben@myhost.subdomain.domain (Ben Peoples)
Subject: Re: Grumpy modem hack..
Sender: news@iglou.com (USENET News Administrator)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 17:16:54 GMT

Josh Wilmes (wilmesj@vccnw08.its.rpi.edu) wrote:
: Um, none of them will.. Try hooking two phones together some time.. Sheesh.
Yes they do, mine works just fine.  connect them together, type "ata"
on one,
and "atd" on the other.  BTW, it may help if you disable dial
tone detection.

ObHack: This post.  Just kidding;

ObRealHack:
	Writing a number of scripts that call up this internet provider, login,
and get a term connection going.  It then downloads news/mail and then opens
a ppp connection with my notebook, which after charging all night has come
out of suspend mode, and transfers the news over.  Pretty lame, but it works,
and lets me read my news and mail when class gets boring.
Now, I just need to get it working for this slip connection...

					Ben

gone Parent

Back to index