Re: How can I deal with a food stealer?

Article: 7478 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: edwalter@cs.bsu.edu (- Erv Walter --)
Subject: Re: How can I deal with a food stealer?
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 14:35:42 GMT

Paul C Leyland (pcl@foo.oucs.ox.ac.uk) wrote:

: Phenylphthalene is the correct spelling (I think!)
  ^^^^^^

Phenolphthalein - an indicator that is colorless below pH 8 and pink above
pH 10.

ObHack:  I bought a great (?) used stereo from a guy for $150, and it worked
fine for a year or so.  Then, suddenly, whenever someone tried to play a
tape, the speakers would cut out if the level of music got about half or
so.  THis was really annoying (especially on really great songs).  I opened
up the cassette player component.  However, not being highly educated in
the area of electronics, I didn't have a clue what I was looking at.
Solution?  I "wiggled" stuff around inside while a tape was playing
(not
really safe...).  Anyway, I eventually determined that if I unpluged one of
the circuit boards (the one responsible for controling the cool lights on
the front), the tape player worked fine (minus cool lights).

--
                                  ___
                                 (o o)

Parent gone Parent