Re: First Test Posting...

Article: 7856 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: First Test Posting...
From: cs92dy@dcs.exeter.ac.uk (D.Young)
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 08:20:47 GMT
Sender: news@exeter.ac.uk (news admin)

In article <3phkql$2n7@news1.wolfe.net> chrome@Wolfe.NET (Chrome) writes:

   Just a test post to see if my theory is right :)

It depends what the theory was

   ObHack:  Back in the 'Old Days' wrote up an 80 column screen driver for
   Atari 8-bitters.  Lovely slow bitmapped screens.

What, you mean like Windoze...
   --
   | chrome@wolfe.net                                  My opinions are my own |
   | http://www.wolfe.net/~chrome               Noone else seems to want them |
   | >>R.A.T. #1, Co-founder of the Institute of Reality Avoidance
   Therapy<<  |
   |  ...don't ask me/I'm just improvising/my illusion of careless flight...  |

ObHack:

Notice that on the mother board of my sqintel machine the difference between
33 and 40 MHz was just one jumper. Small bodge with old LED cable and the
redundant keyclock became a clock speed changer.

The best bit was that you just have to write a 'C' infront of where it
says 'LOCK' to label the switch.

While I was inside anyway the silly clock speed LED (now wrong most of the
time anyway) was changed to slightly robotic smilies...

|-] and |-[ for fast and slow (2 1/2 digit LED).

Dave.

Parent

Back to index