Re: Need Help With Phone Pranksters

Article: 7442 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: ande0870@gold.tc.umn.edu (Greg "Torgo" Anderson)
Subject: Re: Need Help With Phone Pranksters
Sender: news@news.cis.umn.edu (Usenet News Administration)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 18:04:37 GMT

In article <3i4ub2$st7@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>,
chandler@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu (chandler howell) wrote:

> ObGottaHaveAHackToExplainMyLastAdmittedlyBadHack:
> In a previous job (life?) the office I worked for was pretty
> technologically backwards--only three computers and one print server were
> networked[snip]

   You want backwards?  At my current drugery, nothing's networked, and
Word 5.0 is hot software.  Windoze 3.0 on 3 machines, and we've been
running DOS 3.3 for the past 3 years.  Anyone wanna gimme a better job?
=)

Ob.loginhack
   After a recent OS upgrade for the Sun's here, the little "You have new
mail" message no longer appeared on login.  So, to quickly fix that, I
just added the line 'finger -ml ande0870 | grep -i mail' to my .login.
Thankfully finger is fairly quick internally, so I don't have to wait too
long.

   Greg

--
ande0870@gold.tc.umn.edu   GCS d@ H- S+: g-(+) p1 au+ a- w+ v-(+) C++
PGP 2.3 Public key         US?+>++ P+ L 3 E N++ K W--- M+>++ V-- -po+

Parent Parent Parent Parent

Child Child

Back to index