Re: Simple Hack

Article: 7498 of alt.hackers
From: grossjoh@linus.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Kai Grossjohann)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Simple Hack
Date: 09 Mar 1995 19:45:07 +0100
To: psmith@saturn.acs.oakland.edu (psmith)

>>>>> "psmith" == psmith
<psmith@saturn.acs.oakland.edu> writes:

>>>>> Michael Blandford (mikey@math.enmu.edu) wrote:
  Michael> : ^[:wq
  Michael> : Damn, thought I was in vi.

  psmith> Try ^[ZZ
  psmith> 1 less character
  psmith> Then again, you're not in vi.

Hm, if ^[:wq is one character more than ^[ZZ I venture to say that the
former does nothing while the latter leaves vi.  If you want ^[:wq to
do something, that will be two characters more than ^[ZZ...

ObHack:  Being an Emacs user myself (and wouldn't want to use vi),
learning more about vi than the average vi user does so they can't say
``You don't even know what vi can do and you claim Emacs is better??
--  Come on!''  I know the opposite of Ctrl-E in vi...

        \kai{}
--
Have you hugged your signature today?

Parent Parent