Re: OBPostHak

Article: 7837 of alt.hackers
From: rdobbins@marvin.ag.uidaho.edu (Bob Dobbins)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: OBPostHak
Date: 18 May 1995 22:12:04 GMT

In article <3pecj9$sk2@kits.sfu.ca> matza@newsserver.sfu.ca (Roy Robin
Matza) writes:
~From: matza@newsserver.sfu.ca (Roy Robin Matza)
~Subject: OBPostHak
~Date: 17 May 1995 19:49:13 -0700
~
~Kewl eh?
~

Not so cool,dude -- no hack!

ObNewsHack: Our news server won't let me post more commented material than
new. Seems it just looks for the > symbol at the beginning of the line. So I
found the location in my news reader and changed the symbol to the
tilde (~). See?

ObDOSHack: I don't like the ANSI.SYS, which everyone here uses so they can
set up colors, it's just too damn slow. I hacked all of my versions of
command.com so that the screen attributes are bright white on blue (my
favorites), then I wrote a program that changes that part of command.com so
I can change the colors whenever I want.

=Bob=

Parent

Child Child Child Child Child

Back to index