Re: alt.hackers.d ?

Article: 8471 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.config,alt.hackers
From: ricochet@netcom.com (Ricochet)
Subject: Re: alt.hackers.d ?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 06:29:13 GMT
Sender: ricochet@netcom10.netcom.com

crosby@cs.colorado.edu wrote:
: In article <303603906wnr@forestbk.demon.co.uk>,
: Alex McLean  <alex@forestbk.demon.co.uk> wrote:

: >I thought creating a new group called alt.hackers.d might be a good
: >idea.  People wouldn't have to include hacks, and so could discuss
: >other issues, like the future of hackers, unhindered.
: >
: >alt.hackers.d would have to be self-moderated, like this group, to
: >keep the noise down.
: >
: >So what do you think?

: An excellent idea!  I'm crossposting to alt.config to see what they think.
: If they don't have any objections, I'll send out a newgroup.
: Just one thing, we should be very firm that test messages belong in
: alt.dev.null, NOT alt.hackers.d

I concur!  Indeed I concur!  I think we really need a forum that is
similar bur seperate (i.e. self-moderated w/no obhack restrictions).  I
think it also needs to be clearly stated that this is for hacking and not
cracking/phreaking/phracking etc.  I would rather not read messages from
alt.2600ers (even if they could figure it out without someone telling them)

Hack1: Turning sipps to simms the hard way (without solder wick).  I had
to superglue some of the contact pads back to the board.  Large pain in
the rear.

Hack2:  Using hot glue on an old screen door instead of spline to keep a
new replacement screen in.  I got the biggest spline they had, but it was
still to small (very rickety door).  Very ugly, but functional.
--
|| ----- || ===== ricochet@netcom.com =====synth.music.rules===== || ----- ||
|| ,-|-- || Home Page     :  www.webcom.com/~ricochet             || ,-|-- ||

Parent Parent