Support this website or
listen to my music
MaraDNS security update
January 25 2015
I have made three MaraDNS and Deadwood releases with an important security
The issue is CERT VU#264212. I have also incorporated other bug fixes.
==Deadwood 3.2.06 released==
- Security update: Better protection against malicious NS tarpits
- Removed two warnings generated by GCC 4.8.2
- Return the correct ID in SERVER FAIL errors
- Log a message when a RFC1918 IP is blocked from resolving
- Deadwood now ignores the CD and AD bits as defined in RFC2535 section 6.1
- SERVER FAILs no longer incorrectly sent when Deadwood gets a glueless NS referral
- The MacOS and Linux Makefiles now should make version.h correctly
==MaraDNS 2.0.10 released==
- Deadwood updated to 3.2.06 (security fix)
- Zoneserver now compiles and runs in Cygwin
==MaraDNS 1.4.15 released==
This is the legacy branch of MaraDNS. Please upgrade to MaraDNS 2.
This will probably be the final MaraDNS 1 release; all MaraDNS
1 support ends on June 21, 2015.
- Deadwood updated to 3.2.06
- Security update: max_glueless_level now defaults to 4 instead of 10
==Where to download==
To post a comment about this blog entry, send me an email.
I may or may not post it, with or without editing.