For a few years, we had multiple “sources of truth” for MaraDNS’s files:
It used to be, when I made a new release of MaraDNS, I had to change one of the sources of truth (make a Git check in, or make a patch by hand) the apply the change to the other sources of truth. There was also a disconnect between the files in the Windows zipfiles and the same files in the tarballs and Git tree.
That came from the fact that the MaraDNS code base was over 13 years old before I added it to GitHub, and I used to use both Git and the pre-Git way of updating files with MaraDNS’s releases.
This release has a more “continuous integration” approach to MaraDNS.
All of the files now come directly from the Git tree. I have made three scripts to convert a given version of the Git tree in to a release of MaraDNS:
This process automates most of the process of making a new release of MaraDNS, allowing me to more quickly test and release new MaraDNS versions.
Comments are closed.