Re: <ad> GUARANTEED CREDIT REPAIR BY LAW FIRM

Article: 7351 of alt.hackers
From: hacker@ns.secis.com (Tommy Usher)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: <ad> GUARANTEED CREDIT REPAIR BY LAW FIRM
Date: 12 Feb 1995 16:16:22 GMT

In article <3hgfm6$1ap@crl2.crl.com>, Bruce Tomlin
<btomlin@aol.com> wrote:

>Tommy Usher (hacker@ns.secis.com) wrote in alt.hackers:

>>things that are definitely not.  For example, they state that
bankruptcies
>>can be removed, "just like other items."  True, but only
after 10 years.
>>If you have negative items on your credit report, and they are true,
then they
>>will disappear after 7 years, not before.  I you have negative items,
and they

>Actually, I belive you can hack bad credit by constantly challenging items
>on your credit record.  When you make a challenge, the place you had bad
>credit with had 30 days to respond supporting their position.  If they
>don't respond, it goes off your record and stays off.  A lot of places
>probably aren't set up to respond this quickly, so your chances may be
>good for wiping out just about everyone except, say, credit card companies
>and banks.

Actually, no.  This USED to work, but after a few 1,000 overnight credit
repair companies starting telling people this, for rather large sums of money,
the credit reporting companies caught on very quickly.  Remember, they are
in money to report BAD credit.  That is their stock in trade, and they won't
give it up that easily.

>(I believe that counts as my ObHack for the day.)

(I belive you are wrong.)

ObHack:

Setting up the terminals that I was assigned to help people with to display
a rather silly message saying that the computer was mad at the user, and
having a rather clueless freshman break down and cry, "But I have got
to do
my homework!!!" when I told him, "It's obvious, the computer just
doesn't like
you."

P.S.

Hmmmm, good thing I decided to check before I sent this....  We have had a
local problem that causes old commands to be sent back into the system, and
it caused my userid and password to be added to thiis message.  Anyone have
any idea what could be causing this?  We are running the BSD Internet package.
And this is getting to be a pain.  They appear to be something like the shell
history, but they include logons, passwords and all.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

| Tommy Usher  No Frills Software | Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: |
| hacker@ns.secis.com             | There's always one more bug.             |

gone gone gone gone

Child

Back to index