Re: <SPAM> GUARANTEED NEWSGROUP DAMAGE BY FLAW FIRM

Article: 7353 of alt.hackers
From: adam@arcadia.cs.rmit.EDU.AU (Adam Eberbach)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: <SPAM> GUARANTEED NEWSGROUP DAMAGE BY FLAW FIRM
Date: 13 Feb 1995 01:04:45 GMT

Gary Barnes (gkb@aber.ac.uk) wrote:

: I mailed the entire article back to the sender syaing that I didn't
: appreciate this posting because:

: 1. alt.hackers isn't for advertising.
: 2. Their advert doesn't seem to be relevant to many alt.hackers
:    readers, as the world does not end at the US border.
: 3. N O   O B H A C K !!

: Unfortunately, I've received three bounce messages since.

That's great - they won't be getting any customers via e-mail, will
they? I have read in news.admin or whaever it's called that their
internet link has been yanked as a result of this spam. There is some
justice.

Obhack: Right now my PC is going through some major changes, with a
new ASUS SP3G motherboard on the way to make FreeBSD run nicely (it has
a built-in SCSI (NCR 53C810) controller). After selling the old board
I have been running an old 286 with one floppy - it's enough to load
telix, but not much else. The noise from the fan really started to
bother me, so I dismantled it. After a good clean it was still a little
noisy, so I grabbed a scalpel and did some sculpting - removing all of the
rough edges and moulding imperfections has made a huge difference.

--
Adam Eberbach, Computer Science graduate, RMIT.  adam@arcadia.cs.rmit.edu.au

gone gone gone

Back to index