Serial / PS/2 Mice

Article: 7364 of alt.hackers
From: simonc@jumper.mcc.ac.uk (Simon Cooke)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Serial / PS/2 Mice
Date: 13 Feb 1995 13:02:54 GMT

Hi Guys...

Anybody out here got any idea how the serial mouse / keyboard work?
I'm talking serial data format, power etc here :)

Cheers,
Simon

ObHackedOff:
Opened up the mouse, checked the xtal to find out what baud it was
running at. All it said was S429, so I got out the oscilloscope -- it was
about 28MHz (IIRC). Sooo.. played around with the scope some more, now I
can read the mouse buttons. But can I get the rest of the data in so
called pS/2 packet form? Can I hell... /AND/ I'm getting framing errors
all the time...

Back to index