Term

Article: 7397 of alt.hackers
From: jeevan@chinook.halcyon.com (Jeevan Anandasakaran)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Term
Date: 17 Feb 1995 04:57:30 GMT
Sender: zeet@halcyon.com

Okay, what exactly does the program "term" do? It's on the Un*x
box that
my Internet provider uses, but what good is it? Thanks.

ObHeck:

Heck.

ObHack:

My alarm clock had the buzz function hooked up to the volume knob, so to
get the alarm to work, you had to turn the volume down all of the way.
Well, then you couldn't listen to the the radio as you fell asleep. So, I
soldered a switch to the connections that the volume knob switch used and
put it through a hole in the case.  Then I used a pair of diagonal
cutters to cut through the board and disable the volume control's switch.
The board split. :( Have you ever had to rewire a third of your alarm
clock point to point? Not fun. But now it works better than every - that
annoying 60hz hum is even gone. :)

-Zeet

Child Child

Back to index