Lucky hack

Article: 7400 of alt.hackers
From: mikelea@access.digex.net (Michael Lea)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Lucky hack
Date: 17 Feb 1995 13:34:12 -0500

ObLuckyHack:  The folks in the library at the school I work for wanted
their floppy drives switched so the 3.5" drive was a: and the 5.25"
drive
was b:.  No problem, says I.  I open up the box and it turns out that the
5.25" drive has a card edge connector and the 3.5" has a male pin set
connector (what are the real names for these things?).  And, predictably,
the cable that was in there did not have the right connections on it so I
could swap the drives.  So I search around for awhile and can't find the
right cable...so I decide to just swap the 3.5 drive out and put in one
with a card edge connection.  Except the only 3.5 drive I can find is one
that a disk came apart in.  Hmm...so I pour all of the disk parts out,
and open up another machine in the computer lab to test it on.  VIOLA!
Inside that machine was a cable with exactly the connections I need on
it.  You can figure out the rest...  (i'm so happy, it made my day.)
	--mikelea

--
The secret is that there is no .sig!

Child Child Child