Phone Pranksters: Caught 'Em!

Article: 7518 of alt.hackers
From: twemling@infinet.com (Tom Wemlinger)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Phone Pranksters: Caught 'Em!
Date: 16 Mar 1995 05:02:09 GMT

I have recently been bothered by some phone pranksters who call anonymously
and leave obnoxious voice mail messages. After finding another one in my
voice mailbox this evening, I punched *69, waited for an answer, then
disconnected and IMMEDIATELY punched *69 again; I then hung up and waited
for the callback ring, and - BINGO! The other number showed up on the
CID box this time!

I wish I could take credit for this, but I got this from an alt.2600
thread consisting mainly of posts claiming that it wouldn't work.
(Equipment-dependent, maybe?)

ObSmallApplianceHack:

After about the third time I got home from work and found that I'd
left the coffee maker turned on, I went to Radio Shack and picked
up a pilot lamp of suitable specifications, reamed a hole in the
housing, and wired it in. Musta been visible from half a mile away!
No more baked-on residue in the carafe! No more nasty odors (at
least burnt coffee ones, anyway)!

Child

Back to index