clueless-l

Article: 7796 of alt.hackers
From: karl@reed.edu (Karl Anderson)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: clueless-l
Date: 10 May 1995 21:33:33 GMT

Say, can anyone tell me if clueless-l is still in existence, and where
it is if it is?

Clueless-l was a great idea that someone posted here a while ago.
Whenever someone posts a slack-robbing "unsubscribe" message to a
mailing list (rather than the maintenance address), one can simply
forge a subscription for them to clueless-l, and get repaid with
interest.

The intro letter for clueless-l read something like "You will be
subscribed to this mailing list until you learn how to properly
unsubscribe yourself from mailing lists...".

ObHack1: Using LaTeX to typeset my thesis, wanted examples to use the
same numbering scheme as theorems, defs, etc., but didn't want them
italicized.  Luckily, italics are done logically, with \em, which is
its own inverse:

\newtheorem{ex}[theorem]{Example}
\newenvironment{example}{\begin{ex}\em}{$\spadesuit$\end{ex}}

ObHack2: Hired to write an interactive market-simulation
economics lab.  Implemented it in a mud, used Emacs for a client, and
had LaTeX print spiffy reports (noninteractively!).

karl@reed.edu               <URL:http://www.reed.edu/~karl/>

Back to index