Hacker FAQ?

Article: 7853 of alt.hackers
From: mwestfal@silicon.csci.csusb.edu (Michael Westfall)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Hacker FAQ?
Date: 21 May 1995 23:21:34 GMT

WIll somebody please post the hacker FAQ? I have to do a presentation at
school (in a computer science ETHICS class...) and wanted to differentiate
what hackers REALLY are versus what all the hype leads everyone to THINK
they are....

--

Oh, yeah... I need a hack:

ObEasyHack:-

   Here at school, we have a laser printer, but the script to use it only
allows postscript files to be sent to it. Text files are supposed to go to
the dot-matrix printer. Well, the dot matrix printer is too slow and usually
there are a bunch of print jobs spooled up for it, so who wants to wait
around for their job to get printed? Fortunately, I was able to find and
copy the script into my own directory and modify it so I could send
my text files to the fast laser printer, bypassing all the other schmucks
with text print jobs and getting much better printed quality, too.

73 de Mike,      ax.25net:    N6KUY@W6JBT.#SOCA.CA.USA.NA
                  amprnet:    n6kuy@n6kuy.ampr.org [44.18.0.49]
                internet :    mwestfal@silicon.csci.csusb.edu
"I am Clinton of Borg; your paycheck will be assimilated." -Someone
on The Net.