Hacker Awards?

Article: 7962 of alt.hackers
From: sal@panix.com (Salvatore Denaro)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Hacker Awards?
Date: 3 Jun 1995 10:39:56 -0400

Anyone know of an informal hacker award? I think this would
be a real cool thing to do, ack the hard work of hackers
everywhere. Hell, we could have awards in diffrent categories
like:

 * best new use of the net
 * best new utility
 * best post to alt.hackers
 * best obhack

And of course the ubiquitous "Lifetime achivement award"

about two weeks a formal vote will take place.

We could call the award the "Woz" and the show "The
Wozzies"
and have it broadcast live over IRC.
--
Salvatore Denaro